Friday 5 February 2021

Coursework: Film pitch

 Film pitch planning: blog tasks

1) What will be the title for your own original NEW horror film? If you're not sure, write down two or three possible titles and you can choose later.


2) Write a tagline for your film – it's effectively a slogan for the movie:

Once she's switched, there's no going back for her. It's DO or DIE.


3) Write a logline – this is like a longer version of the tagline. It's one sentence that sums up the film and hooks the audience in under 25 words: 

A girl decides to come into contact with her darker side, and ends up having a deep attachment to it, which leads to a bunch of fatal incidents - all in which this girl has caused.


4) Write down any existing horror films that are similar to yours ("My film idea is like a cross between Scream and Contagion"):

My film idea came from a movie named "Look away".


5) What is your narrative/storyline? Write a short paragraph that explains what happens in your film:

This girl is a high school student, who craves attention and importance. She believes that nobody is giving her the attention she wants/needs and so she decides to do something that she KNOWS will give her that attention, which she has longed for for ages. And that is she decides to activate that "dark" side of her. 


6) What is your main character’s name and what happens to them? You can also mention other characters if you wish.

My main character's name is Raegan. They end up switching places with the darker version of themselves.


7) Who or what will be the villain or threat in your horror movie?  

The villain/threat in my horror movie will be Raegan.


8) What is the name of your film's director? You can use your own name here if you wish.

The name of my film's director is Raisa Martin (me).


9) What costume/make-up/props will you need for your photographs for your website?

I won't be using makeup.  I might use props (not sure what yet though). And for costume, I'll most likely be using a school outfit, since it's mostly based in a school.


10) What font/typography/colour you will use to create a brand for your film’s title and branding? 

I'm not entirely sure what font I'm going to use yet (I'll try different ones until I find one I'd like to use). The colour I'll be using would definitely be red or black (or both). And I'll maybe use dripping words in red to give off the idea that it is a horror film/movie.